Evaluation Form: Oral Presentation on Marine Animal
Marine Animal's Name:
- Each student will research a marine animal, including its classification, characteristics, habitat requirements (food, shelter, space), enclosure size, habits, and interesting facts.
- Each student will design an animal model that fits into the overall marine community.
- Each student will give a three to five minute oral report on their marine animal.
- Each student must tell how their marine animal fits into the overall habitat of the exhibit (e.g., Intertidal, Open Ocean, Chesapeake Bay, Coral Reef, The Depths, or Kelp Forest ).
- Each student will answer questions from the audience (i.e., visitors to the aquariums) in addition to the three to five minute presentation.
Introduction: Does the beginning set the tone of the presentation? Is the length appropriate?
Material: Did the student adequately research the marine animal? Did the student explain how their marine community provides for the animal's needs?
Interpretation: Does the student's presentation show that the student practiced?
Delivery: Does the student speak smoothly, loudly, and clearly?
Audience: Does the student keep eye contact with the audience? How can the student improve audience participation? Does the student ask for questions from the audience?
I rank this student________________
Scale: 100-90=A (Superior), 89-80=B (Excellent), 79-70=C (Good), 69-60 (Needs Improvement)
Date Entered : February 16, 1997
Date Updated: March 9, 1998